Supported Devices and Firmware
Supported Devices on 5.1.1 (9B206)
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 (GSM + CDMA) and iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch 4G and iPod touch 3G
- iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad 1G: All three models (WiFi, GSM, CDMA)
- Apple TV2
- iPad 2,4 support will be added in subsequent releases.
- Setup your device before using Absinthe 2.0 tool.
- Users can safely upgrade their device to 5.1.1 now if they haven’t. This is done by downloading a stock IPSW from Apple and applying it with iTunes (preferably, the latest version of iTunes). iOS 5.1 is not supported, however.
- If you rely on your unlock or want the safest possible way to upgrade without losing your unlock, wait for updated Redsn0w tool. If you have got factory unlocked iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS in hand, just update through iTunes and jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0, since your unlock is not dependant on firmware.
- People looking to jailbreak their iDevice on iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 are strongly advised to make back-ups of their data before installing Absinthe 2.0. Since no serious bug has been spotted during beta testing, chances are minimal that serious issues will arise out of it.
- The Absinthe 2.0 only supports iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak (untethered), and doesn’t preserve / provide carrier unlocks.